Here is what we are going to cover in rehearsal on Monday .
- Dance of the Comedians..Quarter = 130
- Crown Imperial…Quarter = 116..we will take a look at what we did not get to at camp.
- The Moldau…I would like to think that everyone can play through most of the Moldau…. Here are current tempos to strive for!
Allegro (Measures 1-79) Dotted Quarter = 65
Forest Hunt (Measures 80-117) Dotted Quarter = 65 (maybe a hair faster)
Peasant Wedding (measures 118-180) Quarter Note = 80
Nymph’s Dance (Measures 188-238) Quarter = 82
Tempo 1 (Measures 239-270) Dotted Quarter = 65
- St John’s Rapids (Measures 271-332) Dotted Quarter = 84
- The Moldau in it’s Greatest Breadth (Measures 333-427) Dotted Quarter = 100
There is not an assignment to turn in by Monday. I would hope you would take some time to review all 3 pieces.
Strings: I will be putting together your assignment for concert seating. I will be pulling excerpts from all 3 pieces. I expect to have the to you by Tuesday if not sooner….
Have a great weekend….